The Area 3 CHIME Grant Program supplements the existing CHIME Loan Program to foster the use of chimes in music education. The goal of the grant program is to support the establishment and growth of strong ringing programs, in schools within Area 3 of the Handbell Musicans of America, that will either reach a large number of students or target a particularly worthy student population.
(1) Applicants will be assessed on their planned use of chimes that includes:
- innovation within their current music program
- connections to music education standards
- the number of ringers served
- community outreach possibilities
- a long-term plan for usage of chimes
- a letter of support from an administrator of institution
(2) Annual progress reports are required.
(3) At the end of the 5-year grant period, chimes are awarded if the plan has been successfully implemented. Area 3 reserves the right to permanently award the chimes after a 3-year period if progress on the use plan is exceptional.
(4) Previous school-based chime loan recipients are encouraged to apply.
(5) Complete, sign, scan as a pdf and e-mail completed application to:
email@example.com by June 1, 2022 or mail to Jerry Hill, 4517 Ferry Landing Road, Alexandria, VA 22309 by June 1, 2022.
Services for grant recipients are available that include:
- Reproducible music scores,
- A mentor from Area 3,
- Registration fee paid by Area 3 to attend the Area’s Directors Seminar the first year of the grant and
- Membership fee to Handbell Musicians of America (HMA) paid by Area 3 for the first year of the Grant.
- Additional equipment may include: banquet height tables (30″x 6′ or 8′), some padding for the tables, such as placemats, rug padding, or 2-4″ thick foam table pads.
Applications are due June 1, 2022. Complete, sign, scan as a pdf and e-mail completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to
4517 Ferry Landing Road
Alexandria, VA 22309.